She is eight years old! EIGHT.
How can I be old enough to have an 8 year old?
Every year I find myself counting on my fingers
and saying, "yep, she really is that old!"
I was reminiscing on the blog this morning of all my older posts.
She has changed so much!
It is crazy what a year does to our little kiddos!
Wondering, how did I not see this coming?!
She is EIGHT people!
So the birthday girl LOVES her chocolate.
She is definitely my daughter :)
If it has vanilla on it, forget about it... she turns up her nose and won't even try it.
So I made her very favorite cookies... double chocolate chip! YUM....
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe slightly adapted from a Hershey's recipe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolates. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. But we all know they are best right out of the oven :) Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.